Despite the yellow shirts of Cinderford Town settling into the game the quickest the home side showed their intent as early as the fifth minute when a Nick Hancock cross from the left was just a little too deep for Cory Simpson, just a minute later an excellent move by Hancock who then found Kane Simpson in the Foresters box, Kane then played in an inch perfect cross for his brother Kye to place the ball past Alex Harris and into the back of the net.

The Robins increased their advantage just two minutes later when confusion in Cinderford’s defence allowed Joe Turley The opportunity to ghost past them and score his fourth goal of the season in the red and white stripes.

After two goals in just over a minute the 236 strong crowd had to wait until the 23rd minute for some more meaningful action when Corey Simpson had his shot cleared off the line.

 It was now the turn of Andy Hannah in the Evesham goal to be called into action, with an excellent save with his feet from Cinderford number nine Richard Greaves. On the half-hour the visitors had probably their best chance of the game so far, sadly Dan McDonald was only able to shoot well over the bar from 12 yards.

It was Cinderford that definitely finished the first half the stronger of the two sides, with Evesham struggling to find their passing game and goalkeeper Hannah being called upon to make a couple of saves to retain the two-goal advantage going into half-time.

Whatever was said in the home dressing room at half-time it seemed to do the trick as Evesham started the stronger, however the strength of the tackles had not diminished any. The first real action of the second half came on 62 minutes when Harris made a fingertip save from a long-range Cory Simpson effort.

As the game continued it was Cinderford Town that were the most attacking of the two sides, without any real punch in the final third.

The central defensive pairing of Shayne Anson and Liam Harding seem to be forming a real understanding and along with Dovey and Tunnicliff are forming a formidable back four.

In what seems to have become a habit in recent games, Evesham conceded a late goal. In the second minute of injury time former Evesham defender Andy Lewis was pushed into attack, and yes you guessed it popped up with the obligatory goal against his former side.

The Robins defence held tight for the remainder of the game to take 3 festive points and remain in 3rd place in the league.

Evesham United: Hannah, Dovey, Tunnicliff, Turley, Anson©, Harding, Thomas, Hancock, Kane Simpson, Kye Simpson (Davidge 61), C Simpson (Williams 83) Subs Not Used: Brown, Wellon, Davies.